Zonta International, its districts, and its clubs express themselves about and become involved in issues which aim to:
- improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women;
- advance understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of executives in business and the professions; and
- promote justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
These aims align with:
- The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) Articles 1-16. Zonta International is currently the only women’s international non- governmental organization (NGO) which focuses solely on Articles 1-16;
- The Beijing Platform for Action (BPFA) (Latest update) – especially the 12 Critical Areas of Concern;
- The Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) (latest update) – especially MDG 3 and MDG 5.
- The Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW)
- The Beijing Platform for Action
- The Millennium Development Goals
- Joint NGO Submission Universal Periodic Review of Australia that was endorsed by 190 organisations including ZI Districts 22, 23 and 24. This is Australia’s Human Rights Score Card.